Report Service Problems
To report a service problem/outage call 1-800-292-6585.
When reporting service problems or power interruptions, certain information is necessary to assure quick response.
Please use the following checklist and report this information to the dispatcher.
- Assure the problem is not with your equipment, fuse box or circuit breaker.
- Check with neighbors to see if they have a similar problem.
- Report all downed power lines and damaged electrical equipment. Stay away from downed or hanging power lines.
- If you or a member of your family has electrically-powered life support systems, report this to the dispatcher for priority service.
- Report the exact nature of the problem.
- Report the exact location of the problem.
- Report the account number if available. The account number is found on the electric bill.
- In the case of major outages due to storms and damage to Shelby Energy equipment, turn off major appliances to assist with re-establishment of service.